Monday, May 26, 2008

Would Sex by any other name be Sex

I asked the young man to give me an example, and he obliged -with a huge smile on his face.
Some years ago, we had just moved and my school records hadn't arrived at the new school. The teacher, who happened to be young and pretty, had actually asked each student to stand and introduce themselves, and to say a sentence or two about themselves.
When it was my turn, I stood up and said: let's have sex (sorry) "Letsav Sex". "I'm 16 years old", and that was as far as I got.
The teacher turned red, hoarsely screeched: "how dare you?" and sent me to the principal's office.
Needless to say the rest of the class was absolutely hysterical -boys and girls actually rolling on the floor.

At the principal's office, a nice, apparently new, and nubile office assistant simply asked my name and what I was doing there. I got as far as my name. In the middle of her lecture, after she had finished screaming at me, the principal emerged, also female. The office assistant explained her version of the excitement. I took the time to write out my real name. That seemed to quell some of the emotion.
Of course that wasn't the first, or last, incident, but thinking about it does make me laugh.
And very similar things have happened to my sisters and brothers.
By this time, the dog's duty done, I asked "Knotenuf" if he wanted to finish the walk, to which he eagerly assented. I gave him just about the same instructions I had given to his brothers and sister some days earlier, and he very happily took the shepherd's leash.
As we neared my house and concluded the walk, I remarked "you certainly have a remarkable family and I hope I get to meet the rest of you soon."

No comments: