Sunday, May 11, 2008

'Sex Self-Confidence; + difficult Dogs?

I then asked each of them to practice, then and there, what they would do, and how they would do it, while I pretended to be the aggressive dog. Oh, well, I've been called a S.O.B. often enough, and I'm foaming at the mouth too much for my own liking. I questioned each to see if they were comfortable with the information (see previous post) and thought they could act in the prescribed manner if necessary. I corrected them on the eye contact. When someone or something is charging at you, it's quite normal to look right at it or them. It's rather difficult to not look at the charger.
Realizing that I was not completely clear, I corrected myself as well as the kids. Of course you were going to look at the one or thing coming at you, but you can do it out of the corner of your eye, or by looking over the dog's head, or it's feet - not squarely in the eye.
I don't know why, but looking at an aggressive dog squarely in the eye is most often taken as a hostile challenge by canines. I guess it can be the same with homo sapiens too.
I wanted them to have a little more self-confidence should the situation repeat itself. They did seem to 'get it.'
On their way out I told them to feel free to let me know if they would like to walk the dog (OK - so you guessed my ulterior motive), and, my curiosity got the best of me - being too closely connected to my shepherd, I guess.
Good Sex (did it again)- I mean "Gud Sex" volunteered, with a straight face, no less: "my dad's name is "Mor Sex", pronounced (more sex); and her younger sister, too much sex (sorry,) "Tumuch Sex" followed with : "and our mom's name is "Yes Sex".
They're both professional poker players and are away at a tournament for the rest of this week.
cont'd

No comments: