Friday, May 16, 2008

Another 'Sex'

They then departed each winking at me as if they were just joking, but I knew they weren't. When they turned back to wave at me from half-way up the street I was still standing in the door-way with dog, my eyes and mouth wide open and the laughter I was suppressing kept its rise to the surface.
I let it go as I closed the door.
A couple of days later, while strolling with shepherd, I heard my name being bellowed from the equivalent of a block away and turned to see "Knotenuf Sex" (pronounced not enough sex, the 14-year old) running towards me with a young man in his 20's. I paused, waiting for them and again held my hand up (like a school crossing guard) telling them to stop when they were about 10 feet away.
No nonsense 'Nir Nir Nit' nearly pulled my arm off straining to get to them and I remembered that I had never given any introductory instructions to this younger brother. The running toward us evidently excited the dog and I asked them both to wait a moment while I calmed her down and had her seated. I prefer not to 'yank her chain' if it's not absolutely necessary.
I repeated the same instructions to both youngsters that I had given to their brother, "Iwant", days earlier, asking them to approach slowly with their hands extended - palm down - advising them that the dog was going to sniff and circle when I released her, which I then did; and she then did. They both repeated the scratching ritual and were a bit perplexed when the dog did not lay down and roll over for her belly-rub. I explained that she still had some 'business' to take care of and would oblige afterwards. "Knotenuf" introduced me to his oldest brother' "Letsav Sex", (pronounced - Let's have Sex) who, it turned out, was 23 years old, had the physique of a pro-football safety, and had earned two degrees, both earned over the internet. "Letsav" effusively exhorted his appreciation for my 'kindness' to his siblings - which annoyed me somewhat.
cont'd

No comments: