Sunday, June 1, 2008

The 'Sex' father gives me a Wake-up Call

Several days later my phone rang around 7:30 in the morning. I had actually walked my shepherd about an hour earlier, and having been up most of the night, had gone back to sleep. So, no longer used to 'wake-up calls' I might have sounded a bit grumpy -not to mention sleepy.
A man's mildly excited voice was talking rather rapidly, it seemed and not making sense. It sounded like "thank you, it's time for more sex, come on over and join us fast". When I told him that I thought he had the wrong number (even groggy I knew that I had not gotten such an offer for many, many years - in fact I actually began thinking if I ever did get such an offer - but I was trying to be polite) he mentioned my full name. He slowed his rate of speech enough for me to clearly understand him trying to thank me, and asking me over for some coffee or breakfast. Still groggy, I realized who it had to be, and I had him hold on for a minute and stumbled toward pencil and paper. I asked him for his number and told him I'd call him back in about 10 minutes.
Closer to 20 minutes, and awake this time I called him back.
It was, indeed, the father of the 'Sexes' that had called. It seems that his son, "Tymfo", had been charged at by a neighborhood pit bull mixture breed, had held his ground while calmly recalling my role play almost a week earlier. He did exactly as he was instructed, and the dog did just what I told him the dog would do under those circumstances. Not only was his son not bitten this time, but the dog, after circling him, turned around and went back to its owner. "Mor Sex" enthusiastically invited me over to thank me for instructing his kids on that type of situation, and for befriending them.
I told him the timing was all wrong for me - I really hate to visit my neighbors while still in my underwear, and , besides, I sometimes really stink without a shower.
We arranged a 2:00 P.M. arrival at his house - with my shepherd.

No comments: