Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ulterior Motives with the Sex's

When I asked (yes - I did have ulterior motives) if they would like to take her for a walk, the 3 jumped at the chance. I advised them to keep her at 'heel' (and how to do it) for about 2-3 minutes followed by the release command for about the same amount of time (in case she had any business to take care of) and then, to keep alternating the two.
I told them it was OK to take turns on the leash as long as they followed those instructions, and that I would follow at a distance.
Because the 3 kids were doing something for the first time that up until 20 minutes ago would have only brought anxiety attacks, and I noticed their growing joy and lowering levels of fear, I let them walk with the dog for a half hour before calling them back.
to be continued

No comments: