Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Overcoming Fear of Dogs

When I had "Nir Nir Nit's" leash back in my hand I asked: 1- if they were still so afraid of dogs, and 2- what had brought about this fear.
They told me of 'neighbors' who had let pit bulls and bull dogs (two breeds that I personally like, but are known for their aggression, and that should only be owned by people who not only love dogs but who know what they're doing,) run amok at two earlier homes they were in.
It turns out some ot their neighbors even incited the dogs to additional aggressiveness, including biting, whenever the children were in the vicinity of the dogs' homes (a total of four bites - four different kids - "Iwant" and "Tymfo" included - although, it turned out, none were serious.)
I told the 3 of them to come to my house the next day and I would teach them how to avoid that from ever happening again, but to call me up first - before coming over - or I would bite them each myself. "Gud" asked me to wait a minute and ran back to her house for a pencil and paper; returned with same and two more members of the Sex family, asking if they could come too. Glad for the diversion I readily agreed but also advised them that they would only be my guests for a maximum of an hour, at which time I would throw them all out.

And that was how I began to learn of the adventures, and mis-adventures, the fortunes and misfortunes, the problems and opportunities of the Sex family
to be cont'd

No comments: